Friday, September 9, 2011

Long week

Whew! It has been a long, emotionally taxing week! On Monday, Matt, Eric, Haylei, and I made a trip to the Tulsa Zoo! It was the perfect weather and the kids had a blast!!


Haylei and Eric


Monday afternoon I found out one of my sister's good friends for nearly her whole life had an accidental overdose and was in a coma. She sadly passed away early Tuesday morning, she left behind her two little kids who are 11 and 4. It is just heartbreaking. I just got home from her funeral a little while ago. My heart, thoughts, and prayers are with those little men.

Also, on Tuesday a friend of mine, after waiting for 13 years and being told she'd most likely never have a baby, gave birth to a beautiful little girl!!

Wednesday was the 4th anniversary of the day the baby I was supposed to get to adopt, JLS, was born. I remember that day 4 years ago, while sitting at work, getting the phone call that he had been born, but that there was a problem, and I wasn't going to be able to go to the hospital to get him.

So needless to say, my emotions have been all over the place this week. I am so glad it is Friday and maybe my head will quit pounding as we just spend some much needed time at home!!

A few more pics from the Zoo:

No comments:

Post a Comment